Uzbek pop singer calls for Kyrgyz-Uzbek peace in controversial song

Yulduz asks both sides to forgive each other

By Shakar Saadi

2010-07-31

ISTANBUL – The name of Yulduz Usmonova is always shrouded in rumours and mystery. The Uzbek singer and former MP’s popularity spans Central Asia, Russia and Turkey.

“Achieving what I did was hard and took a long time,” she told Central Asia Online. “It was a very difficult path, but I accomplished everything. Now I am popular, in demand and beloved.”

Usmonova was born in 1963 in Margilan, Fergana Valley, Uzbekistan. She sings in her native Uzbek as well as Uighur, Turkish, Kazakh, Tatar, Russian, Farsi and Arabic.

Usmonova, who has recorded several hit albums and has done many concerts, is currently working on three albums.

“One will be four or five songs in Uzbek with translations into Turkish in honour of Ramadan. I also am doing Tajik and Uzbek albums,” she said.

The singer’s popularity has grown not only among ordinary listeners but among leaders as well. Gulnara Karimova, daughter of Uzbek President Islam Karimov, often invites her to do concerts, she said.

The late Turkmen president Saparmurat Niyazov also loved Usmonova’s music.

In recent years, the singer lost favour with the Uzbek government for politically critical songs. That problem, along with gossip, forced her to emigrate to Turkey in 2008, she said.

But that has not stopped her from finding success from scratch in Turkey.

“I had everything in Uzbekistan — a big house, a life — but I left everything to move and live in a microscopic flat in Turkey,” she said. “Everyone around said I was odd. I resolved to conquer the Turkish market, and I accomplished it.”

Although Usmonova said she left Uzbekistan in good faith, she does admit that “in Turkey I am free in every way. I am a person who has a rough time obeying the rules.”

“I left Uzbekistan because I am not needed there,” she said. “There were a lot of young people who were always saying no one gives them an opening, so now I’ve given them an opening. … They don’t put me on the television or play my songs on the radio in Uzbekistan. I am not needed there.”

The singer calls herself a patriot and says that her songs express love for her people rather than criticising them: “I always praise Uzbekistan and its people everywhere. … I simply say that, above all, the people must live and terms need to be set so they live well.”

Change should come from the people, not from politicians, she argued: “The people themselves must all change, starting with their opinions. … They sit inside watching TV shows, not politics.”

The Kyrgyz events are “a good example of how Central Asia is not ready … Peace is better than having victims like in Kyrgyzstan.”

Usmonova aroused controversy in June by releasing a song, “To the Kyrgyz,” after the ethnic riots in the south. The lyrics are in Uzbek, but a Russian translation also exists. The Kyrgyz culture ministry and several Kyrgyz public figures protested, with some radio stations refusing even to play the song.

In Uzbekistan, reactions varied widely.

“[S]ome people asked to upload the song, but I refused for security reasons. After all, the song is political,” said Ahmajon H., who uploads ring tones for cell phone customers in Tashkent.

“I see the song as being impulsive. You should not stereotype an entire nation … as a handful of gangsters,” said Uzbek singer Hilola Ahmedova.

“Yulduz expressed her point of view; she showed the citizens’ position,” said journalist Nigina Abdullayeva.

“I did not sing about Uzbeks and Kyrgyz, I did this song as a protest against violence,” explained Usmonova.

Her song brings the two peoples together, rather than fanning hostility, she argued: “My song is explicitly reconciliatory … It is just that my song is misinterpreted.”

“At my concert in Moscow, a woman who lost her husband in Osh said that my song inspired her and gave her strength,” she said. “At the Moscow concert, I told the Uzbeks, ‘Forgive the Kyrgyz,” and they told me there were no hard feelings.”

Post a Comment ( Comment Policy )

* denotes required field

Reader Comments

• Shabnam Surayyo is more popular than this old woman.

August 19, 2014 @ 02:08:49AM таджик
  • Mихаил Who has attacked Russia?? This is Russia who interferes everywhere, from Iran to Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine and .... Why do not you try to improve the living condition of the Russian people?? Up until now I did not know Yulduz in Iran. But currently I am searching for her songs to see what is all this fuss about regarding her.

April 29, 2014 @ 12:04:35PM امید
  • Yulduz you are pretty and i love whatever you do. Preformers should not be subjected to love and hate. I hope i can see and meet you one day, meanwhile stay the best. No one should confuse amongst us we are all Muslims with no boundries or divide and love is our message. Take care

February 2, 2014 @ 08:02:21AM Shahid
  • Devil hellman etc

August 26, 2013 @ 03:08:04PM shaista jabeen
  • Life is struggle.

July 3, 2013 @ 10:07:35PM Khamellion
  • Animals! Why are you flocking into Russia?

April 23, 2013 @ 01:04:24AM Михаил
  • I hope politicians do not promote hatred in the name of nationalism and racism. When we could understand that humanity and observing each others’ rights are more important than our race and religion, not only our countries will develop, we will also be satisfied with our lives and will build beautiful future for our kids. Thanks! Mohammad from Tehran, Iran.

February 10, 2013 @ 08:02:28AM محمد
  • I am an Uzbek from Afghanistan. We are all human beings. I want to thank all Persian-speaking readers, as well as the Uzbek ones, because they are here and they read. I hope to visit Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, in order for me to see and feel them. I love you all Persian and Turkish speaking people, as well as my dear Yulduz!

February 5, 2013 @ 03:02:49PM نجیب اله ازبک
  • The song makes sense... Yulduz certainly sang it in a way that offended the Kyrgyz a little... I understand her, and you will understand. She is also heavy at heart for her people... There is no need to insult her for her every action... She knows what she is singing about... It is n for us to judge her songs... I am a big fan of Yulduz and I do not like people saying bad things about her. She is not to blame, you just do not understand it and that makes you angry... Yulduz says: No one will shut my mouth while I'm alive... So nobody will dare to publicly insult and humiliate her... This person will have to deal with me.

December 3, 2012 @ 05:12:35AM Вероника
  • I think, in my opinion, this song does not reconcile the Uzbeks and the Kyrgyz. In this song, Yulduz sings about the Kyrgyz, how brutal they are, how they should be rejected, so that they will never attack the Uzbeks. In this regard, she has made a mistake. Although I am a big fan of Yulduz, I honestly do not care what she's singing about. It is important that radio and TV stations do not ignore her. It is great that she sang this song, but she should release a reconciliation song. She inspired the Uzbeks, but she is hated by the Kyrgyz.. Stop criticizing Yulduz because of her song. The one who attacks Yulduz Usmanova will have to deal with me!

December 3, 2012 @ 04:12:39AM Вероника
  • this is great

November 19, 2012 @ 06:11:49AM awais
  • Usmanova has not released a single good song in the last 5 to 8 years. All of her recent songs are the same, only lyrics is different. I like her early releases.

November 11, 2012 @ 09:11:37PM Arthur
  • Gulia, you are right, there is no winner in ethnic wars.

November 8, 2012 @ 01:11:15PM useyn
  • Yulduz is not a saint! Do not touch the Kyrgyz, ask your dad about your grandfather who was a Kyrgyz; and you do not have anything against the Kyrgyz, you mercenary creature!

October 21, 2012 @ 08:10:17PM ok
  • Yulduz, you are a chameleon!

July 7, 2012 @ 04:07:48AM Gulia
  • Thanks Yulduz. I'm proud of you. We are all Turkic peoples. This includes large parts of Russia and China. Kazakhstan, Central Asia, part of the Caucasus, Turkey and so on. No one can win ethnic wars. This makes people hate each other. So we are leaving big problems for our children.

June 26, 2012 @ 01:06:48PM shakir
  • Yulduz is, of course, a strong singer - it’s hard to argue with. I think she has sung this song in a right way. She has been able to express with words all the pain and sorrow of our nation without even participating in the very events. The fact that she left the country is a great loss for the Uzbek pop culture. But she somehow started to disregard the opinions and customs of her nation. There were moments in her behavior when she was showing that she didn’t care about the customs and culture of the Uzbek nation. To some extent, she is abroad as a representative of Uzbekistan, and what would people think when they look at her behavior? That all the Uzbek ladies are spoiled, with tattoos covering their arms, and behave in an openly vulgar way sometimes. It shouldn’t be like that. If you say you are an Uzbek, you should behave because they would judge our women by looking at you ...

June 22, 2012 @ 07:06:23AM Ab.Rahman
  • very good singer but i have no lissten before .i hope my exprience is good

June 14, 2012 @ 10:06:09AM wasifjutt
  • It would be great to have more articles like that to explain everybody that we shouldn’t divide into nations and that we should live together. Hey people, let’s be friends!

May 28, 2012 @ 04:05:26AM aisuluu

May 28, 2012 @ 02:05:34AM zara
  • Yulduz is Kyrgyz, I know 3 father is a Kyrgyz.

May 27, 2012 @ 09:05:32AM ok
  • This is the right position.

May 4, 2012 @ 11:05:33AM саид
  • I am glad and grateful for the efforts of U. Yulduz to smooth out hatred between 2 people because the war was provocative; uneducated and easily manageable people did not know what and why they were doing, and they died as innocent victims! I was not there, but I have many friends who were there (both Kyrgyz and Uzbek). Dear Yulduz U., you were right, "from hatred one cannot seek the truth" and revenge does not lead to the repose of the soul. Sincerely, T.

April 14, 2012 @ 01:04:06PM Талгат
  • Why do you call our common language Turkish? It is Turk, from Yakutia to Turkey, from Tatarstan to central Afghanistan. If you have the world map, size up the territory, and add a quarter of China inhabited by Uighurs. Europe, China, America and Russia are wary of United Turkestan, think about it!!!!

April 13, 2012 @ 03:04:54PM талгат
  • i like you

April 5, 2012 @ 01:04:36AM m kashif
  • I like Yulduz very much. I wish her success and thank her for her wonderful songs!!!

April 3, 2012 @ 07:04:55PM salima ahmad
  • The Uzbeks, Kyrgyz, Kazakhs, Turkmens, Karakalpaks, Uighurs, Tatars, Bashkirs, Lezgins, Karachai-Cherkess, Altais, Ozars, Crimean Tatars, Turks, Turkish Yakuts - we are all Turk people with different dialects. We can understand each other without interpreters. In China, the Beijing Chinese do not understand the Harbin Chinese, they have different dialects. Saudi Arabs do not understand the Tunisian and Egyptian Arabs. We understand each other if we speak Turk, why do we need ethnic fighting? Let's be friends. Why I am writing in Russian? Because Russian is an international language. If the Turk people were friends, they would join forces to adopt a classic Turk language (as the Chinese and Arabs did) comprehensible to all the Turk people. Let's be friends.

April 1, 2012 @ 11:04:39AM nodir
  • i love afghani singer

March 24, 2012 @ 05:03:06AM Nadir khan khilji
  • European countries are more developed than the Central Asian ones. This is explained by the fact that the Central Asian countries lack unity and friendship. If we are friends, we can "catch up" with the Europeans. I am only 15 and I understand it. Do not you understand it? Let's be friends!

March 22, 2012 @ 01:03:22PM Абдулазиз
  • Guys, let's be friends! Don't you really see a strategic plan in action to conquer the world? Brothers, come to your senses. Kyrgyz, Uzbeks and Cossacks, the whole Central Asia is indivisible. However, the Americans or IMU may try to conquer or destroy our world. I hope for your consciousness, do not buy it! Every family has its black sheep.

March 22, 2012 @ 04:03:19AM Кыргыз
  • "Yulduz is our Madonna" -- Levina, you are rediculous. Could not help laughing! ... (Usmanoba probably took offense.)

March 21, 2012 @ 07:03:10PM Ак-Кулак
  • Yes, the neighbors must live as friends and peacefully as we are friends forever ...

March 6, 2012 @ 01:03:46PM Таштанай
  • Diva (not in Russian)

January 28, 2012 @ 03:01:36PM алиджон
  • Aren't you all tired? Swearing, pouring mud at each other. Divide into Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Tajiks, Kirghiz, and Turkmen. Isn't it enough already? We are all children of God. Let's be friends, because we are all inhabitants of Central Asia and Kazakhstan. I'm sick to read such commentary, which are full of hatred. Don't you agree?

January 24, 2012 @ 02:01:55AM Anonim
  • Aren't you all tired of swearing and mudslinging? Of being divided into the Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Tajiks, Kyrgyz, and Turkmen? How long can it go on? We are all children of Allah. Let's be friends because we are all inhabitants of Central Asia and Kazakhstan. I'm sick of reading comments that are full of hatred. Do you agree?

January 24, 2012 @ 02:01:18AM Anonim
  • Yulduz, you are a great singer, keep it up.

January 12, 2012 @ 11:01:24AM зарина
  • Yulduz, you are doing a great job. No one stood up for the Uzbeks during the war while you cheered them up. We will always support you Yulduz.

January 2, 2012 @ 11:01:58AM кен
  • Yulduz Usmanova is a double-faced woman as I can see ... In her recent song "To the Kyrzgyz" she insulted the Kyrgyz. I personally read a translation of the song’s lyrics into Russian, and in this text they write that she was misunderstood ... All understood her right and one must not make her appear "warm and fuzzy." If she had been wiser, she would not have written such songs at a time of an interethnic crisis ...

December 27, 2011 @ 05:12:26AM nurix
  • I love Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Balk, Badakhshan, Samarkand, Bukhara and Qashqadaryo. My heart beats for this land, which is the land of the ancient Iran. Long live the Iranian people! Oh you, the great people, who have a rich culture and speak the same language as I do! I love you. I would like to become more familiar with the culture of the people of this great land, which I consider it my land! There is nobody who can provide me with such information. I wish an eternal link between the beautiful lands of Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.

December 25, 2011 @ 03:12:02AM علي
  • Smart girl, Yulduzkhon! If all popular people raised their voices the same way, no one would dare to encroach on peoples' freedom and independence. Can anyone divide indivisible people? The Uzbeks, Tajiks, Kyrgyz, Kazakhs, their roots are intertwined so that it does not make sense trying to divide them into ethnic groups. You will not find a single pure-blooded person. It is impossible! Ordinary people need peace. Thank you, Yulduz!

December 12, 2011 @ 03:12:00AM Гульчехра
  • Yulduz, stop making excuses now that you've made a mess. The song really calls on the Uzbeks to stand up and fight. The Karimov's administration is right not to let you return to native Uzbekistan. But people liked and respected you in Kyrgyzstan. And now - you're persona non grata. After all, if violence breaks out in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, it will engulf Central Asia, something that foreign ill-wishers are seeking, and Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan would seem a child's play. You cannot understand it. It's time for all the Central Asian ex-Soviet republics to wake up and join forces.

December 12, 2011 @ 02:12:00AM Патриот-2
  • Yulduz is a unique Oriental star. I am from Tajikistan, but I understand Yulduz's songs, and it is a pity people do not understand her in Uzbekistan. Thank you, Yulduz, for everything.

December 9, 2011 @ 10:12:00AM Ромис
  • cute

December 7, 2011 @ 04:12:00AM baloch
  • AWSOME..................................!BEST WISHES 4R UR FUTURE.

December 1, 2011 @ 11:12:00PM HUSNAIN KAZMI
  • I miss your lively energy, joy and talent! Kissing your hands, your devoted fan!

October 20, 2011 @ 11:10:00AM Хушбахт
  • I heard Yulduz saying: "yaxwimi, yomonmi, ig' vogarmi, xalqning etibori muhim." Someone loves Yulduz, someone does not care, someone hates her, and someone has another opinion. Most importantly, she is Yulduz, she is always singing the truth; her tongue is her enemy. Many write here: Tajiks, Uzbeks, Kyrgyz, etc. We are all people, let's live in peace. I wish Yulduz long life, love, health and happiness and all the best.

June 26, 2011 @ 03:06:00PM M.
  • Persian is a widespread language with many accents and dialects, and Tajiki is one of these dialects. Who says that Tajiki is completely different from Persian? If it is so, why do I, as an Iranian and a Persian speaker, understand completely what Tajikis say, without any pre-learning course?

April 23, 2011 @ 06:04:00AM
  • you are realy so beautiful and i like u very much

April 22, 2011 @ 06:04:00AM arif
  • This is a good web site and well good

April 14, 2011 @ 09:04:00AM Muhammad Saleem
  • pass

April 13, 2011 @ 01:04:00PM khalid
  • Gulya 2010-08-26. Are you nuts? Tajiks account for 40%? First check statistics or learn mathematics. AND also "shahlo" 2010-10-20 Tajiks and other nations live on the Uzbek land. And do not say that the Uzbeks are bad. Everyone should live peacefully. Yulduz Usmanova, nobody is like her. She is unique ...

April 12, 2011 @ 07:04:00AM Мухайё
  • No one can sing like you, I love you very much and I respect you, Yulduz Usmanova.

April 7, 2011 @ 02:04:00AM Лола
  • I do not think that you have won the Turkish "market." In Turkey, there are so many good singers that you do not even sit next to them. What I want to say? Yulduz, there is a Kyrgyz proverb about you "Bashka elde sultan bolgucha, oz elinde ultan bol" - Degen.

April 6, 2011 @ 11:04:00AM Омурбек
  • ASALOMU ALEIKUM !!!!!!!!!!! Wish you long life and good luck, we will never forget you. YOU ARE MADONNA OF UZBEK MUSIC. We love you and will always remember you!!!!!!!!! Wish you always to be so beautiful and happy!!!!!!!!!!!! With respect, your fans!!!!!!!!!

April 4, 2011 @ 09:04:00PM Al\'bina
  • love for all......is the motto. Lets love humanity. forget hatred, detestation,narrow mindedness.......................................... Ashraf ali, Orangi, Kci.

April 2, 2011 @ 01:04:00PM ashraf ali
  • Yulduz is a star in Turkey; Sogdiana, Shakhzoda, Piligrimm - are stars in Russia; Nazarkhan is a star in Great Britain and Russia; and Moskaleva is a star in Israel. The Uzbek land is rich in talent.

April 1, 2011 @ 07:04:00AM Alyosha

March 31, 2011 @ 02:03:00AM amjad
  • There are a total of around 2 million Kyrgyz people in Kyrgyzstan, and there are total of around 3 million Tajik people in Tajikistan. Uzbek people are the majority in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. The Kyrgyz and Tajik nations are endangered.

March 26, 2011 @ 09:03:00AM beknazaro
  • v v beautiful ` i hav never seen such be4 ` live long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

March 26, 2011 @ 03:03:00AM ahsan
  • Uzbeks, Tajiks, Kyrgyz, Kazakhs, Turkmens – they once lived happily and peacefully. Everything is in our hands. Whatever the politicos may do, guys, let us live peacefully. We must respect one another.

March 24, 2011 @ 08:03:00AM Аржуман
  • salam i want to ivite you will you accept it

March 21, 2011 @ 05:03:00AM m sadiq
  • hi.................... jan u r so sweet

March 14, 2011 @ 02:03:00PM king
  • hi everybody how are you?ilove uzbak singers

March 12, 2011 @ 11:03:00PM ajmalkhan
  • aslam o alaikum

March 11, 2011 @ 01:03:00PM [email protected]
  • I want to see you.If you have better possition.

March 10, 2011 @ 11:03:00PM Raja Shakeel AFzal
  • Honestly, I have not even heard anything about her! Maybe she is not popular in Russia and in Kazakhstan.

March 4, 2011 @ 04:03:00AM Tima Altay Kray
  • nice dresing well econing great

March 4, 2011 @ 03:03:00AM khizer
  • can u song in urdu?

March 3, 2011 @ 05:03:00AM abbasi
  • Yulduz Usmonova is very clever, I like her very much.

March 3, 2011 @ 05:03:00AM Shahnoza
  • thats good i like this pic when you meat than i very love love much hi

February 27, 2011 @ 01:02:00PM Abdur Razzaq
  • Salam alaikum, brothers and sisters. Yulduz, I really liked your songs until you sang this one. I really love our brothers Uzbeks, but those people who live in Kyrgyzstan are just not worth to hold the title of this nation. They did a very mean thing with regard to the owners of that land. How could they be so ungrateful to live and eat under the roof of a Kyrgyz and then raise your hand against the master? Yulduz is on the run herself. Certainly, she can shout from a distance, she better tries to sing this song in Kyrgyzstan.

February 22, 2011 @ 04:02:00AM Жаннат
  • Gulya Posted 08/26/2010 Yulduz does not sing in Farsi, she sings in Tajik! In Uzbekistan, where Tajiks account for 40% of the total population, the Tajik language is a popular language!!!!! And do not write that she can sing in Farsi! Farsi is a completely different language. Just as Uzbek is different from Turkish and Kazakh. Let's call a spade a spade! .................................................. ................................... If 40% of Tajiks live in Uzbekistan then 60% is left for the Uzbeks. Where are the other nations? The Kyrgyz, Kazakhs, Russians, Karakalpak, Koreans, etc. Dreaming is not bad. A camel also dreamed of taking a bath.

February 20, 2011 @ 02:02:00PM Шейх Ахмад
  • All that you wrote about dialectics, I do not mind but the Tajik identity and the ancient language, and the Uzbek language is a compiled language based on the Turk language, and it came into existence quite recently.

February 16, 2011 @ 08:02:00AM Identitytojik
  • i like all the people of uzbak

February 16, 2011 @ 05:02:00AM syedbakhtawarshah
  • THANKS. WISH YOU GOOD LUCK. ALMATY.

February 13, 2011 @ 04:02:00AM РАХИМА
  • She is gorgeous.

February 12, 2011 @ 02:02:00AM ШАХНОЗА
  • Yulduz, why don’t you come to Uzbekistan?

February 11, 2011 @ 10:02:00PM ghgk
  • friendishp

February 11, 2011 @ 11:02:00AM shayan
  • nice

February 10, 2011 @ 01:02:00PM numan
  • Hello, I heard a song by Yulduz before, it seemed to be patriotic but it was wrong. She came here to work. It was very mean of her, she sang that our milk tasted bad and we could die without the workaholic Sarts.

February 9, 2011 @ 03:02:00AM потриотка как и все кыргызы
  • nice poto

February 8, 2011 @ 10:02:00AM sohail
  • Hi, Yulduzka, how are you? Are you in a good mood? We are OK.

February 7, 2011 @ 09:02:00AM SHER
  • uzbek singer have so much bwautiful girl and have very nice and innocent expression.

February 6, 2011 @ 09:02:00PM Muhammad Arif Asad
  • hi what r u doing

February 4, 2011 @ 12:02:00AM wajid
  • Yulduz, we are Uzbeks, but you are singing for the Tajiks. YULDUZ!

February 3, 2011 @ 03:02:00AM алишер
  • nice

February 2, 2011 @ 01:02:00AM AAMIR WASIM
  • Yulduz is our star, this is true!!! She sings from the heart.

February 1, 2011 @ 08:02:00AM ДИЛЯ
  • im asif or you please

January 31, 2011 @ 07:01:00AM Muhammad Asif
  • Yulduz and her ancestors are Kyrgyz. She left Uzbeks and fled abroad with money. She does not have brains to write songs about Kyrgyz and Uzbeks, she was paid to fuel tensions between the two ethnic groups. She has a 5th-grade student's knowledge of politics. So, do not be sorry for Yulduz's stupid song.

January 23, 2011 @ 02:01:00PM Ok
  • so sweet yar

January 21, 2011 @ 01:01:00AM adnan
  • No matter what you shout ... both Samarkand and Bukhara will be our Tajik cities. Here's an example: The Soviet Union partitioned Germany for so many years, but they are one country now. Our cities will have the same lot. Tajiks make up 50 percent of the Uzbek population, not 40 percent. Zinda bod Tochikistoni buzurg!

January 20, 2011 @ 04:01:00AM Faridun
  • If she sings in Uzbek, the Kazakhs, Turkmens, Kyrgyz, Azerbaijani and other Turk speakers understand her! She can wonderfully sing in Tajik!!! Glory to Yulduz, she is better than the smell of smoke from burning manure! Uzbeks come visit us, do not blame Tajiks. Yulduz rather sings in support of Rogun, do you understand?

January 20, 2011 @ 12:01:00AM Таджик
  • Gulya from 08/06/2010: Gulya, you're in a social network and in order not to create unsubstantiated statistics relating to your country in the minds of people, you should not, looking at your street where six Uzbeks and 4 Tajiks live, say stupidities. I hope you are a literate person and use more reliable information in the future. As for Farsi or Tajik, these languages belong to one ethnic group known as Farsi. So, when we say that the Tajik language belongs to Farsi, this is scientifically correct.

January 18, 2011 @ 05:01:00PM Алишер
  • hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

January 17, 2011 @ 10:01:00PM naeem
  • hi iam ali memon hyderabad i want to good newsok

January 16, 2011 @ 04:01:00AM m li
  • like afriend

January 15, 2011 @ 11:01:00AM akifaslam
  • A KING IN A FOREIGN CITY, BUT A BEGGAR IN YOUR HOMETOWN!!!

January 14, 2011 @ 10:01:00AM БАХТИЁР
  • fine

January 14, 2011 @ 07:01:00AM nasiruddin
  • The Uzbek language is one of the dialects of the Turkish language. However, because of your ignorance, you consider it a different language.

January 10, 2011 @ 01:01:00PM amir
  • I love Yulduz

November 15, 2010 @ 08:11:00AM muborak
  • Samarkand and Bukhara are populated mostly by Tajiks. They speak Tajik. As for you and your dog, you are not a human being because you do not respect Tajiks. Navoi initially wrote in Tajik and later started to write in Uzbek after Dzhami asked him to do so. You are stupid, do not write comments if you do not know history.

October 20, 2010 @ 01:10:00AM shahlo
  • all the best

October 17, 2010 @ 02:10:00PM Arif khan
  • Which statistics has said that the number of Tajiks in Uzbekistan is that much??? About the language of the region, I should say that Turkish, Uzbek, Kyrgyz, Turkmen, Kazakh and Azari are all one language with different dialects (some people are so fascist, that they can't stand the Turks). God willing, all people of the world live in peace and tranquility.

October 3, 2010 @ 04:10:00AM hasan
  • I like some of Yulduz’s songs, but I haven’t heard the song being talked about here yet. All the same, she needs to be more careful.

October 2, 2010 @ 04:10:00PM m, ali
  • You are stupid. Listen to what your friends say.))

September 28, 2010 @ 12:09:00AM
  • Tajiks make up 40 percent of Uzbekistan's population? Are you stoned? Did you hit your head on the wall when you were young? Or are you crazy or hallucinating? How did you come up with it? Good that you didn't say 90 percent. Where did you see that many Tajiks in Uzbekistan? Uzbekistan's population is 27,000,000, so 40 percent would be about 10,800,000. You will not find that many Tajiks in Tajikistan. Why are you saying Tajik is a popular language? Even my dog would not bark in Tajik. Thank you for attention!!!

September 24, 2010 @ 05:09:00PM Uzbek
  • good yar

September 20, 2010 @ 07:09:00AM saad ali
  • What's the news?

September 20, 2010 @ 04:09:00AM
  • Why is the percentage of Tajiks in Uzbekistan so high, about 40%? When did the last census take place and who took it? One cannot spin figures out of thin air. It is not serious!

September 19, 2010 @ 01:09:00PM ma\'rifat
  • no comments at the moment.

September 19, 2010 @ 02:09:00AM ZAFAR IQBAL.
  • very god news and picture i m very impress to your this side so i wat to join you i m sending u a personal tele phone no tanx i will wait your call.ok ALLAH HAFIZ

September 17, 2010 @ 05:09:00AM Rao M Umer
  • Dearest I am also a fan of Yulduz Usmanova, though i am a innocent pakistani.Her songs contains full love and attractive>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I am so impressive..................................................

September 16, 2010 @ 10:09:00PM muhammad shehzad zamir
  • She is a complete idiot!!!

September 13, 2010 @ 04:09:00AM zen
  • O come on science as the end all answer is just asinine. The problem with science its never a definitive answer what we accept as fact from science one day is disproven the next, and that theory is now fact. Science is ever evolving and can only be taken with a grain of salt, or as the \"answer of the day\".

September 8, 2010 @ 08:09:00AM Shah Murad

September 5, 2010 @ 03:09:00PM Равшан
  • Yulduz is our Madonna, she is really great, thanks for the interview!

September 2, 2010 @ 09:09:00AM Isabel Hasanova-Levine
  • All is good no special comments Life is a chance for upgration in the world

September 1, 2010 @ 02:09:00PM Muhammad Riaz
  • I am also a fan of Yulduz Usmanova, though I am not an Uzbek. You fully support Yulduz Usmanova. She always sings about life and love!

August 29, 2010 @ 07:08:00PM myahri
  • Zhuldyz is so beautiful.

August 27, 2010 @ 06:08:00AM антон
  • Yulduz does not sing in Farsi, but Tajik!!! In Uzbekistan, where Tajiks account for 40% of the population, Tajik is a widely used language!!! Do not write that she sings in Farsi. Farsi is an absolutely different language – just like how Uzbek differs from Turkish or Kazakh. Call a spade a spade!

August 26, 2010 @ 07:08:00AM Gulya
  • In Bishkek, they’ve declared Yulduz’s songs anathema. In Tashkent, they’ve tacitly banned Aitmatov’s works. How awful that these boorish authorities govern us.

August 20, 2010 @ 08:08:00PM report.kg