Afghan attacks kill 46

Agence France-Presse

2012-08-15

KABUL – Afghan officials August 15 said that 46 people, mostly civilians, had been killed in August 14 attacks blamed on the Taliban.

Three suicide bombers August 14 killed 30 people in Zaranj, the capital of Nimroz Province.

"The latest toll that I have from all hospitals today: 30 people are dead," provincial public health director, Noor Mohammad Sherzad told AFP. He said 130 other people, mostly civilians, were wounded.

Thirty-six people were killed in the bombings, authorities said earlier.

Meanwhile, the death toll from another bomb planted August 14 on a motorcycle in Kunduz Province rose to 11 overnight, after a man died from his injuries, police spokesman Sayed Sarwar Hossaini told AFP.

In Badakhshan Province, a district governor and four security personnel died in an ambush as they were driving to the provincial capital of Faizabad, the provincial governor's spokesman, Abdul Maroof Rasekh, told AFP.

Post a Comment ( Comment Policy )

* denotes required field